Rethinking the Social in Architecture
On Feb 6-8, 2013 Architecture in Effect arranges the international symposium Rethinking the Social in Architecture. It is hosted by Umeå School of Architecture and will feature keynotes by internationally reknowned architects, critics and scholars in the field and presentations of current research within the environment.
The symposium was structured around three topics:
- The welfare state and beyond – exploring where we are, where we have been and what is becoming. What is the role of the state, the private, the public, and the commons?
- Towards new subjectivities – exploring transformative agencies; the individual, the body, the collective, the fictional, the real. Spatial identities, across or against, differentiating markers like gender, race, ability, economy, location, will be investigated.
- The politics of things – exploring the politics of the object and its con-tent, as well as relational thinking – how the object knits, directs, actualizes and enacts the political. How might form become capable of thinking?
- ARCHITECTURE & FEMINISMS ecologies, economies, technologies
(November 17 - 19, 2016)
- On Theory and Method 2: Architects in Formation
(February 5-6, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 3: Critical Projections
(April 12-13, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 4: Material Conditions
(April 23-24, 2015)
- On Theory and Method 1: Critical Historiography
(December 8-9, 2014)
- Architecture in Effect research members at 2014 AHRA conference
(November 13-16, 2014)
- Architecture in Effect research members at BTH conference Planning for Sustainable Urban Form
(November 12-14, 2014)
- (RE)Orientations Spring 2014
(January 27 2014)
- Seminar on Deleuze and Architecture
(5/11 2013 (1 PM - 4 PM))
- Dissertation event: Jan Hietala
- Methodology Seminar
- Architecture's Red Tape, Midway Seminar of Erik Sigge
(April 24, 2013)
- Open House, One-Year Seminar of Brady Burroughs
- Rethinking the Social in Architecture
- Kenneth Frampton, "The Legacy of Alvar Aalto"
- New Beauty Council at Gallery Index
- Mid-Way Project Seminar
- The Gothenburg Midterm Seminars
- Creative Writing Workshop
- SRE Effect Seminar
- Stockholm Starting Seminars
- Yvonne P. Doderer: "Right to the City"
Call for abstracts - Deadline April 15: Architecture & Feminisms
Architecture in Effect organizes workshops On Theory and Method
Architecture in Effect organizes seminar on Theory and Method at KTH Dec 8-9, 2014
Architecture in Effect at 2014 AHRA conference in Newcastle