Call for abstracts - Deadline April 15: Architecture & Feminisms
ECOLOGIES, ECONOMIES, TECHNOLOGIES
13th Architectural Humanities Research Association conference
KTH Stockholm, School of Architecture, November 17 - 19, 2016
The 2016 AHRA conference will address connections between architecture and feminisms with an emphasis on plural expressions of feminist identity and non-identity, acknowledging that feminist claims continues to be tested and contested. Between architecture and feminisms our specific focus will be upon transversal relations across ecologies, economies and technologies. Specifically, we are concerned with the exploration of ecologies of practice, the drawing out of alternative economies, and experimentation with mixed technologies, from craft to advanced computational technologies.
We invite responses to our six thematic areas:
Ecologies – Economies – Technologies – Histories – Pedagogies – Styles
We assume that each thematic area inherently organises diverse ecologies of practice, and that the question of precarious mental, social, environmental ecologies pertains to all.
We invite individual and group proposals for 20 minute papers and full sessions from architectural historians, theorists, designers and practitioners, as well as those working on relevant themes across the design disciplines, in the humanities and social sciences.
We welcome proposals that explore alternative means of academic dissemination through film, small exhibition, performance.
Please send a 300 word abstract, including a title, and a 50 word biographical note to:
Deadline: Apr 15, 2016
- Call for abstracts - Deadline April 15: Architecture & Feminisms
- Architecture in Effect organizes workshops On Theory and Method
- Architecture in Effect organizes seminar on Theory and Method at KTH Dec 8-9, 2014
- Architecture in Effect at 2014 AHRA conference in Newcastle
- Katja Grillner on Swedish design research at Univ. of Kentucky
- Sten Gromark to speak at academic session of IFHP Congress in Gothenburg
- Architecture in Effect @ Architecture and Dissidence
- Resarc / AHRA 10th Annual Research Student Conference
- SRE Effect Methodology Seminar
- Inauguration of ResArc
- Architectural Academy: Swedish Schools of Architecture in media
- City Axioms lecture series at Stockholm University Spring 2012